Design professionals: design and print your own type-inspired poster with renowned brand type designer and printmaker Pete McCracken of Crack Press (Portland, Oregon)!
Take a day off work and away from the computer to use your hands creating type-based posters in this two day Friday/Saturday workshop with Pete McCracken. Pete has been designing, making type, and creating posters for over 25 years, including work for REI, Columbia Sportswear, Nike, Wieden+Kennedy, and serigraph print editions for artists.
Day 1: Pete will share his expertise in type creation as participants create their own camera-ready poster art 100% by hand.
Day 2: Pete will show how printing by hand can introduce unexpected solutions, as participants screen print their posters. Play with fluorescent inks, metallics, handpainting, and other techniques you can't replicate in the digital printing realm.
- Participants will work with materials to design a poster and typography using only handmade art
- Basic silkscreen setup and the process of creating a screen
- Different printing processes and ways to make silkscreen printing unqiue
- How to setup a silkscreen print run for multiple color printing
- Tricks and trade secrets in the print studio
- How to create a simple DIY screen print setup
- Meet and work with Pete McCracken!
- Share the studio with other New Mexico design professionals
- Learn to make successful print designs by hand
- Walk to food, drinks, galleries, and markets in the Railyard or downtown during lunch breaks and following the workshop
This hands-on, handmade workshop is limited to a small group to provide an optimal experience with Pete for each designer. Sign up early to save your spot! Cost: $150 members, $175 non-members. Supplies provided. Optional to bring your own additional supplies, and screen purchase $48 if desired.
Fri, Jun 9, 2017 - Sat, Jun 10, 2017
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
1614 Paseo De Peralta
Santa Fe, NM 87501